Atomic Smash is looking for someone who is keen to learn, has a passion for the web and would like an opportunity to work for a small nimble studio. We have built a reputation for delivering high-quality WordPress websites and we have lots of exciting projects running through the studio. We are looking for a WordPress developer to join the team of 8. You will work alongside 5 other developers in our studio as well as our digital designer and UX designer.
We are a dedicated WordPress studio so the chosen candidate has to enjoy using and maintaining WordPress. The candidate is expected to have a number of live example sites to talk through during the interview process, preferably these would be based on WordPress.
Majority of the working day for the chosen candidate will be supporting our current projects. On a daily basis we may get a number of questions from our current client base. Some of these tasks will need development expertise to resolve, yet some won’t. There will be an expectation for the new staff member to be able to attempt to resolve some of these issues themselves, yet we completely understand some problems may need to be solved by the original developer.
Here are some example scenarios:
- A “simple” technical issue arises, the new candidate will respond to the client and then work with our technical lead to schedule themselves to fix the problem.
- A “complex” technical issue arises, the new candidate will work with our technical lead to assess if they are best placed to solve the problem. If not, another developer will be assigned and the work will be scheduled in.
- A non-technical question comes in, the new candidate will try and respond as best they can, but there is an expectation they will have to communicate with other team members before responding.
Client communication is key, as a large number of these questions/issues are not urgent, yet we need to assure the client’s their voice has been heard and we are looking into the problem.
Outside of work
There is a Table Tennis table and there is also a delicious bakery right next to the office. We have a great working atmosphere and encourage out-of-office socialising. As a studio, we also participate in away days, lunchtime board gaming and film nights.
Candidates must be able to commute to our Bristol office. We are not currently accepting remote positions.
- Starting salary of £23,000 – £25,000
- 28 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
- The studio is closed for 2 weeks at Xmas, this is not taken out of the standard holiday allowance.
- Workplace pension as expected.
- Free fruit, great quality coffee and tea and provided.
Essentials to qualify for an interview
- 2+ years commercial experience.
- In depth provable knowledge of WordPress.
- The candidate must be able to talk about a minimum of 2 projects they are proud of, which go beyond the standard functionality that WordPress provides.
- Knowledge of how to use GIT.
These are the stages of the interview process:
- Phone conversation to validate you have all of the basic requirements for the role (from the list above).
- Interview and a coding standards question and answer session.
No recruitment agencies required to advertise this role.